When a loved one is struggling with addiction, the whole family struggles along with them. What kind of help is best for your loved one? How much help do they need? What are the ways that you and your family can support your loved one in their recovery journey? There are many questions that will come up as your loved one decides to seek help from an inpatient rehab center in West Virginia, and it can be reassuring to learn more about what to expect. The main question that most people have is, does my loved one really need to attend a residential treatment program?
What Are the Benefits of Residential Treatment for Addiction?
No one likes the idea of having to be away from home, but for those struggling with addiction, inpatient rehab centers can be a safe haven during a vulnerable time. It is possible to find a residential treatment center in West Virginia so your loved one can be closer to home.
Some of the benefits of residential treatment are:
- Medical supervision to make sure that clients are safe and as comfortable as possible
- Secure facilities can reduce clients’ access to dangerous substances
- Avoiding contact with people and situations that would tempt clients to use
- Immersion in an environment that is focused on recovery
- Access to intensive therapy and treatment
Studies show that clients who participate in a full program of drug treatment are more likely to maintain their sobriety over time
How Can I Support My Loved One Who Is Struggling With Addiction?
It can be heartbreaking to watch someone you care about battle addiction and sometimes, you may feel like you don’t know what to do to help. Your loved one may even resist the idea of getting help at all. However, there are things that people can do to help their loved ones get started on their road to recovery no matter where they are in their journey. Some of the ways you can help your loved one are:
- Love and support, but do not enable them in their addiction
- Set and maintain healthy and appropriate boundaries
- Be supportive of their desire to get treatment and offer to help and participate
- Take care of yourself because addiction affects the whole family, not just the person actively using drugs
- Be willing to participate in therapy and other activities that help your family heal from the trauma of addiction
- Educate yourself about the disease of addiction and help your loved one advocate for their care
- Communicate clearly and follow through with any consequences
How to Afford a Residential Treatment Center in West Virginia
Many people who are looking for inpatient rehab for their loved ones in West Virginia might be concerned about the cost. However, there are treatment centers, even inpatient ones, that accept Medicaid and other types of funding. Treatment centers want to be able to help those who are struggling with addiction, so don’t hesitate to contact them with your questions about insurance and the availability of other funding that can help make treatment affordable.
Lotus Recovery Centers Can Help Your Loved One Recover from Addiction
If your loved one needs help to stop using drugs or drinking, and you are in West Virginia or Delaware, we at Lotus Recovery Centers are ready to help. We are committed to serving our clients and their families with respect and dignity. Our treatments are based on proven methods that can help break the cycle of addiction and promote a healthier, happier future. Reach out to our kind and compassionate staff today at 833.922.1615 and let us tell you how we can help your loved one achieve lasting sobriety.