Addiction is a terrifying experience that may leave you worried about your future. In some situations, addiction is severe and requires stepping away from your family to focus solely on your addiction recovery. However, that’s not always the case. Many people can benefit from outpatient rehab. In outpatient addiction treatment, you work with a therapist during the day and go home to your family in the evenings. It is one of the options we offer at Lotus Recovery Centers.
Learn more about this approach to treatment and reach out to our treatment center today at 833.922.1615 to get started on the journey to recovery.
How Does Outpatient Treatment Work?
The goal of outpatient addiction treatment is to give you the tools and resources you need to implement into your life to achieve a better outcome. As noted, most people go home in the evening after completing therapy sessions with our team during the day. While you may not be spending the night here, you are still working with your therapists on a significant basis. You’re still embracing a range of therapy styles and engaging in group sessions.
The amount of outpatient treatment you need depends on where you are in your healing process. Some people benefit from coming in most days of the week for numerous hours at a time. Others may do well with appointments just a few times a week. This depends on the severity of your addiction right now, but also your life circumstances. Some people just need to seek out support to stay on the right track. Others struggle with dependence and need residential and detox services.
When Is Outpatient Addiction Treatment the Right Choice?
It is often best to speak to your therapist during your assessment to determine if outpatient addiction treatment is the best choice for you at any given time. This is done after you have talked about your addiction and life circumstances. There are a few situations where outpatient treatment may be the right choice, such as:
- You have a stable at-home life with supportive family members and a drug-free environment. There’s no risk of relapse from your environment.
- You need or want to keep working or going to school during your treatment. Flexible schedules can help you stay the course.
- You’ve committed to change and demonstrated that in some way. This also helps to reduce how frequent your appointments need to be.
- Addiction is something you recognize as an ongoing challenge. You know you need help, and you’re willing to come in to see your therapist often.
- You want to put the work in to heal.
Your substance use disorder is controlled either through previous detox or medications. You don’t feel cravings or withdrawal symptoms any longer.
Could an outpatient addiction treatment plan work for you? As complicated as that decision is, you don’t have to make it right away.
The Benefits of Outpatient Rehab
Outpatient rehab offers a number of benefits. These include:
- The ability to keep up with outside responsibilities – Those in outpatient rehab can continue working or going to school. This helps with overall treatment compliance and lessens the feeling of isolation.
- Flexibility with scheduling – Outpatient rehab offers more flexibility in scheduling appointments, which is beneficial for those with busy lives.
- A focus on personal responsibility – Outpatient rehab is designed to help the individual take responsibility for their addiction and work towards healing.
- A safe, supportive environment – Outpatient rehab provides a safe and supportive environment for those in treatment.
- Professional care – Those in outpatient rehab receive professional care from addiction specialists.
Connecting with a treatment center near you is the best way to determine if outpatient addiction treatment is the right choice.
What Type of Therapy Is Available to You in Outpatient Treatment?
When you utilize our outpoint addiction treatment, you still have access to many of the programs and therapy sessions that you would find in residential treatment programs. The key is that here you can participate in therapy during the day and go home at night. Some of the therapies that we offer that you may have access to during your outpatient treatment with us include:
- Individual therapy programs
- Group therapy programs
- Family therapy programs
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Mental health disorder treatment services
Unsure What to Do? Call Lotus Recovery Centers First
Outpatient treatment may be the right step for your recovery. To find out, it’s critical to reach out to a team that can help you. Our professionals at Lotus Recovery Centers are dedicated to providing you with the best level of outpatient addiction treatment possible. All you have to do is to embrace this therapy. To learn more, connect with our team online or call 833.922.1615. You’re welcome here.