The first step in recovery from an alcohol or drug dependency is recognizing a problem to be treated. After this crucial step takes place, the very next step should be finding proper care. There are so many options available for help, and it can be daunting to narrow the choice down to one. Confronting addiction is difficult enough, and, unfortunately, finding a place to recover is often very confusing for those seeking out help.
Lotus Recovery Centers have a practical yet compassionate approach to care. We’re dedicated to helping our community through affordable care options that fit their needs. If this sounds like a good fit, please contact Lotus Recovery Centers today at 833.922.1615 to begin detox center programs that will work for you.
Why Is a Detox Center Essential for Recovery?
Detox centers are recovery centers specializing in detoxification from drugs and alcohol to help the body begin the fight against addiction. Detoxification is the process of safely ridding the body of the harmful drug at the root of the addiction. Drugs are an appealing option to individuals suffering from psychological turmoil because they can relieve negative mental states by temporarily increasing neurotransmitter activity. The drugs with the most significant potential to put someone in a negative mental state are the same ones that many reach to alleviate their discomfort and pain. That is the nature of drug addiction. The vicious cycle of addiction is very difficult to break. Most people can’t safely attempt it independently, so choosing the right detox treatment center is crucial to recovery.
How Do I Decide which Detox Option Is Right for Me?
When confronting an addiction, there are many aspects to consider that aren’t easily addressed by an individual in their addicted state. This is when the help of a trusted family member or friend can become essential. While considering the correct type of addiction rehab, an early task should be determining if inpatient or outpatient treatment will make the most sense for you and your family. There are benefits to both, and which type of treatment you choose depends on what you need most in a treatment plan. Some key points of inpatient treatment are:
- Medically supervised detox option
- Best for severe cases of addiction
- Medically trained staff to help in case of withdrawal symptoms
- Fewer distractions, do you can focus on a full recovery
- More time and access to different treatments and the ability to tweak your plan by combining various therapies.
- Fewer temptations or triggers
Some key points of outpatient treatment are:
- More flexibility in your schedule
- Ability to continue a job and keep up with your responsibilities
- Less pressure and strain on your work or home life responsibilities
- Better for less severe cases of substance abuse
Choosing the Right Rehab for Drug and Alcohol Detox
Some things to ask when deciding on a treatment program that is right for you:
- Do they offer treatment for my particular dependency issue?
- Is it an environment I can feel comfortable in?
- Is the staff dedicated and knowledgeable?
- Is this treatment affordable and within my means?
- Will they be a good fit for my recovery goals?
There are many points to consider when searching for a place for you or a family member to begin recovery. The number one priority in the initial stages is getting into a facility to begin treatment as soon as possible. If the patient and family concentrate on these key points when choosing, then with the right attitude and dedication to recovery, most options will work for you.
Discover Your Addiction Treatment Center Options at Lotus Recovery Centers
Serving the West Virginia and Delaware areas, Lotus Recovery Centers are among the top affordable and dependable options for recovery available. We’re fully equipped and ready to treat addiction with the care and compassion for every individual they deserve. Contact us at 833.922.1615 to speak to a staff member today.